Wednesday, August 3, 2011

i still love home.

Well, over a month late, I announce my return to the USA!!! The last month has been pretty full - spending a week at the lake in Minnesota, a week hiking (and sledding down mountains sitting on a rain jacket!) in Colorado, back to Minnesota for the Warrior Dash, and trying to pack for New York!



I move this Saturday and will have 6 days till I jet off to Brazil for the rest of the month. I am moving into an apartment in Nolita, where my room will be the size of my mom's closet, and my rent will be outrageous. I AM within a few blocks of campus though, so that will be super convenient and safer than having to deal with a commute out to the outskirts of Brooklyn. It will be a big change, but I'm sure once I get there it will be a fun, fast year.

A couple of fun facts:
NEW YORK
*I'll be living on Mulberry Street, but it's NOT the Mulberry Street from Dr. Seuss.
*I'm 2 doors down to the old Manhattan Mafia hangout, so I'm sure there will be dead bodies buried under my building.
BRAZIL
*There were 4.8 million slaves brought from Africa to Brazil, 10 times more than in the US!
*Earlier this summer, Peru put up a pretty much exact replica of Cristo el Redentor (Christ the Redeemer) statue in Rio = dramaaaa. ***ate logo***


Updates on life in NY and adventures in Brazil soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment